Sunday, December 19, 2010

Pretty quiet now on the run up to Christmas

Nothing much to report these days.
Trabi is running great and I've had it out a few times. But , with Christmas looming and the snowy weather here at the moment, it will be the new year before there's any more to report.

I did buy some nice chrome lettering insignia to replace the old tired plastic, "Sachsenring and Trabant" signs on my car, similar to the ones I got for my Wartburg, which you may have seen in the pictures.
Next job is to take the old lettering off, fit the new chrome ones and spray the bonnet and the area around the rear light clusters( common area on trabis where paint comes off).
Then a good wash and polish and that's as much as I'm doing for the next season, unless something crops up.
Pictures and content to follow when the above jobs are completed.

My son and I are heading to Germany next February. We're flying into Schonefeld airport, from Dublin and picking up a rental car, which we'll drive to Eisenach and then onto Zwickau, before making our way back to Berlin. We're going to see the two Car museums, namely homes of the Wartburg and Trabant and all the other cars that came before them. Can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. Go to Dresden. There is a magnificent transports museum right in downtown, with a very rare Wartburg prototype. Easy to find!

    Flavio

    ReplyDelete