Saturday, April 28, 2012

My 311 has been sold.

I've sold my 311 and it's going to the UK, to an enthusiastic collector of GDR vehicles.
The new owner has a Zwickau P70 and an IFA F9 among others in his collection, so the 311 will be in good company.

I've recently bought a Simson Schwalbe 50cc scooter.

Engine runs exceptionally well.

It's a 1981 model that was brought to Ireland by its Hungarian owners.
It's in very good condition and was painted a couple of years ago, but otherwise original.

with the cover removed to show engine.

I'll systematically go over the entire scooter in the coming weeks ahead and see if it needs anything.

4 comments:

  1. Sad in a way Mark to say goodbye to that lovely car, but at least it's gone to a good home I guess. The Schwalbe is great. I've always wanted one. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is, but I wasn't able to use it as much as i wanted and I also needed to update my everyday (diesel) car, which I have done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this wonderful news with us. I like the scooter that you recently purchased. Great seeing the photos. Have a great rest of your day.
    Greg Prosmushkin

    ReplyDelete