Monday, August 9, 2010

Pictures from show 8th August, Moynalty Co.Meath. Ireland

Don't I look nice?
That's Iain sitting in the back, my son.

All four of us headed to Moynalty, yesterday which is a huge fair day, in the Irish midlands.
They have a large classic car display, steam threshing, vintage Tractors, many types of machinery and masses of side stalls with wares for sale, auto-jumble, food and drink.
It was a gorgeous, sunny day and we all enjoyed it.
My Wartburg was the only one there, indeed the only IFA vehicle in attendance.
The only other Eastern block car was a nice Yugo 511, as per the previous show in Trim.
There are a few Trabbie owners in Ireland, but they seem very reluctant, this year anyway, to bring them!
The Wartburg got plenty of attention, with many people photographing it and commenting how nice it was.
I spoke with a man, from Mullingar, who owns a Wartburg 311, which is currently undergoing restoration at the moment. It's a 1960 model and right hand drive and it's light grey in colour.
Should be a nice addition to any future show.
I felt like asking the owner of the beetle if she was close enough!!!
but when she almost hit my door, I reckoned I better move, or risk damage.
That's Kaitlin, my daughter to the right, enjoying her lunch.
I also spoke to people, English and Irish who were previous owners of Wartburg Knight's and all spoke highly and some nostalgically about them.

The car drove brilliantly and I've now done about 500 trouble free miles, since the work and recent overhaul.
I reckon this car is as good as what's out there, anywhere in the Wartburg world and I'd have the confidence to drive it anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment